This activity consists of teams, which compete, with teams from other high schools in Southeastern Washington. The competition involves speed at answering short-answer questions about all phases of the school curriculum.
Participants are students interested in competition, knowledge in many areas, and a willingness to spend extra time developing a large knowledge background.
All girls' are members of the Girls League. Its primary purpose is to provide service to the school and the community. The League also sponsors several social activities for its members and the student body.
Bulc Amard (Drama Club)
We make a Scene!
The new Drama Club (formally known as Bulc Amard) was started in November 2012 is in the organization process to have events throughout the school year for all student body members. Check back later for more information.
DeSales High School publishes an annual yearbook titled THE DESALIAN. Students are encouraged to take part in its publication as a reflection of student life and activities.The yearbook is published during the school year with the journalism class.
In spring, a cheerleader meeting will be held to facilitate planning for the following school year. Cheerleaders support all school activities and cheer at designated varsity boys and girls fall and winter sport events. Students must be in grades 9 - 12 to serve as a cheerleader.
Students may apply for membership into the NHS.
National Honor Society
- NHS is open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors.
- GPA of 3.3, positive qualities and experiences in leadership, character, and service.
- Students must have been in attendance at DeSales for at least one year prior to application to be eligible or have transferred in from another Honor Society Chapter.
- Members are expected to maintain the standards of the Honor Society by which they are selected, or they become subject to dismissal.
- Eligible students will be notified of their eligibility to apply after second semester grades have been posted (early February).
- Students will be given instructions regarding completing the application, including deadline for materials to be completed.
- Academic Council will meet to review and evaluate applications and select membership into NHS.
- Students will be notified individually of their acceptance to the society or instructed in areas of needed improvement for future selection.
Dismissal from NHS
- Members who fall below the standards which were the basis for their selection shall promptly be warned in writing by the counselor. The member shall be given a sufficient amount of time to correct the deficiency, except in the case of flagrant violation of school rules or civil laws a member does not necessarily have to be warned.
- The Academic Council shall determine when an individual has exceeded a reasonable number of warnings.
- In all cases of impending dismissal, a member shall have a right to a hearing before the Academic Council.
- For purposes of dismissal, a majority vote of the Academic Council is required.